Please click anywhere to continue browsing our site.
Use current location
Since 1939, Pomp’s has been providing tires and service to satisfied customers throughout the Midwest. We focus on building strong customer relationships and providing the highest quality of workmanship on each and every job we perform.
Pomp’s Tire Service began in 1939 when Andrew “Sparky” Pomprowitz opened a warehouse, passenger, and commercial wholesale operation on Roosevelt Street in Green Bay, WI. Under the name of Pomprowitz Tire Company, he continued to expand at that location until a fire in 1942 burned the entire facility and all the stock. Pomprowitz rebuilt and combined the operation with Pomprowitz Appliance Company. When Sparky went off to serve his country in 1942, his brothers, Joe and John, operated the business until his return in 1944.
Pomp’s moved into recapping in 1952 and the business was incorporated as Pomp’s Recap Service, Inc. The business moved to the present Green Bay East location on Cedar Street.
Sparky passed away in 1964 and Roger Wochinske purchased the business as of January 1, 1965. The first new outlet store was added that year in Shawano, WI. Since that initial expansion in 1965, Pomp’s has grown to include over 110 locations in 11 states, 18 retread plants, one wheel manufacturing facility, and three original equipment manufacturing facilities. Pomp’s now consists of nearly 2100 employees throughout its footprint.
Still family owned, Pomp’s can now handle all tire needs from boat trailer to earthmover, retail, wholesale, commercial, 24-hour over-the-road truck tire service, recapping, agricultural, training, wheels and rims, and much more.
If you are in the market for great products and service at a reasonable price, come see what Pomp’s has to offer.
1122 Cedar Street
Green Bay, WI 54305